Coronavirus - COVID-19 Response
Update April 16, 2020
April 16 Board Meeting Canceled
The board meeting for tonight, April 16, 2020, has been cancelled due to the coronavirus
Update March 16, 2020
To help contain the spread of COVID-19 in our community, LINCOLN PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT WILL BE CLOSING MONDAY, MARCH 16 AT 1 PM UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
No fines or late fees will be accrued during this time.
All items on holds will be extended until one week after the library reopens.
In the meantime, all of our digital offerings are available 24/7.
please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your account if you do not have one.
WE WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED AS WE GET MORE INFORMATION.
Update - March 13, 2019
As many of you are aware, concern over the coronavirus has resulted in public events being cancelled or postponed. The Lincoln Public Library does not have any intention to close the library. However, since our patrons are our priority we do want to assure you that we are taking the following precautions to guard against the coronavirus:
- We are disinfecting books upon arrival.
- We are wiping down tables, doors, and other surfaces with disinfectant throughout the day.
- We are suspending all programs and community room useuntil further notice.
- We have placed more hand sanitizer at strategic positions in the library.
- Staff are washing their hands often, covering coughs and sneezes as recommended by the CDC.
- Homework helpers are cancelled for the rest of the year.
- We are considering actions taken by the local school districts in regards to closures.
- We are suspending paperback exchange until further notice.
- We are keeping our social media and website updated concerning this situation.
Library Director, Lincoln Public Library District